Thursday, August 25, 2011

Our Move

Well, we have been in Maryville for a little over 10 months now. We have experienced the cold of winter, the warming of spring, the humid heat of summer, and now I must say I am looking forward to the fall our new friends has told us is sure to come.
Our first true football game was last weekend, and what an amazing experience that was! I felt like a kids again, but at the same time watching my oldest son (on youth football) and my middle daughter on the HS dance team experience it was absolute BLISS! We are gearing up for the Cross Country season to begin for our oldest daughter this weekend, so fall in the South is almost here!

We have finally moved into our own little home here in Maryville. It is smaller than our last home in the main living areas, but I can say I have never moved in someplace that felt this much like "home" to me. Both Lee and I grew up in old houses, ones that needed "fixing up" from time to time. Homes that were filled with special things from genrations gone by. Things may not be perfect here yet, and we have many things on our list "to-do"... but it is home... finally!

We couldn't have made this move quite as smothly if it weren't for all our friends here, both new and old. We had people mowing our yard before out mower made it here, planting in flower beds, painting the kids rooms, getting new to us appliances (DOUBLE OVENS!!) put in, and so much more! We have felt very humbled by the outpouring of love. We have met most of our neighbors. Next door is a woman that just celebrated her 90th birthday! She was so sweet to bring the kids cookies on one of our first few nights here.

Well now for the "Blog"... I wanted a spot to write about all of the things that make our little cottage home ours. The things handed down and collected over many years, both found and from family. I also hope to include recipes and ideas that maybe you can use or share... and maybe get some ideas and things from you too!

No comments:

Post a Comment